Saturday, August 17, 2013

Let the Coundown Begin

It's been a few since I've written.  So, here's a quick update:

I just spent a glorious week with my family on a lake just over an hour from home.  It was phenomenal to have the time to relax, swim, eat, and enjoy each other's company.  And when we all get together, it can be quite loud.  But the cacophony of our voices and laughter mixing together and wafting throughout the room will stay with me for a long time.  It hit me as I was leaving that I likely won't see many of them again until Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Wowzers... a lot can happen in 3-4 months.  Did I mention that my vacation was amazing?

I'm preaching tomorrow morning at a super sweet church about 45 minutes from here.  This congregation has been an absolute treasure for me... they've given me the room to grow and learn in ministry, and I am forever grateful for them.  Tomorrow is my last sermon with them for quite a while, and I can't wait to see them all again.  I didn't get as much worship planning done over this last week,  so I'm still in the sermon writing stage (it's all planned, just needs to be put to paper) for this afternoon. 

Okay, that part over!  I'm moving on August 25th, which is in 8 days!  I've been doing some packing and cleaning, but there's still a long way to go!  It's a gift that I don't have a job right now, so I can take all day to pack... if I can ever get truly motivated to do it.  I'm going to end up putting most of my stuff in storage for the next few years (thanks, Mom and Dad) until I get settled in a place that has the room for it. 

8 days...
8 days...
It doesn't seem real!  I'm about to embark on such an amazing journey... Boston University...Wahoo! 


1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed your sermon, and loved the poem, and the way you read it. I heard you talking in length with John this morning about his wife who is ill. That meant alot to him. You are going to make a great Pastor.

    ReplyDelete